Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Special Call

The phone rang on March 25, 2008. I knew Romance Writers of America® was due to announce the finalists of the Golden Heart® contest, but I didn't expect to be one of them. To my surprise and delight, I am. Two of my historical romances are finalists in the inspirational category: Addie's Choice and Love in Bloom. The bottoms of my shoes haven't seen any wear since the call came.

I've been writing for two years and have completed four manuscripts, all set in the heart of California's Gold Country in the 1870s. A native of the Golden State, I love the history of this area that I've called home the past fourteen years. My profile photo was taken by the Fountain Tallman Museum in Placerville, one of a number of historic buildings dating back to the early days of the town.

I like connecting with others who enjoy watching, reading, or writing romance. If you've seen a good (clean) movie, read a great romance novel, or are writing one, I'd like to hear about it.

2 comments:

Michelle Gregory said...

Congratulations!

Michelle

Mary said...

Keli,
This blog is great! God is using your writing skill in some wonderful ways. May He continue to use and bless you.
Mary S.