Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Friday, May 29, 2009

Five on Friday: Favorite Aspects of Writing

I love writing!

Anyone surprised? I doubt it.

Writing is one of my favorite activities. I'd rather write than do many other things, as my license plate frame says.

Sometimes I'm asked what aspects of writing I like best. Here are my top five:
  1. Rough draft -I love the thrill of a story pouring forth for the first time.
  2. Research - I enjoy gathering the facts needed to make my stories historically accurate.
  3. Reaching "The End" - Finishing a story and getting my characters to their Happily Ever After feels great.
  4. Receiving my CPs' feedback - They offer wonderful suggestions for making my story even better.
  5. Rewrites - Putting on my editor hat and taking my manuscript to the next level is exciting.
• • • • •

What aspects of writing are your favorites?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oooh, great list! I kind of have to agree with yours. That's what I like too. I also love snappy dialogue. (not saying I write it that way, but if it sounds snappy in my brain then that's good enough, lol)

Anne Barton said...

Keli, I like your license plate frame. Too cute.

It's hard to say what my favorite part of writing is. Creating the characters is a lot of fun for me. Great list!

Keli Gwyn said...

Jessica,

Snappy dialogue is fun to write--and to read. Can't wait to read some of yours in your first release.

Anne,

I think my license plate frame is fun.

You develop great characters. I know because I've been privileged to meet several of them. :)