Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Review of a Great Read: Love Finds You in Snowball, Arkansas

Long before I began writing, I was a voracious reader of romances. I still love a great story, and there are many wonderful authors writing them. I'm going to use Saturdays to share my reviews of some books I've enjoyed recently, both historical and contemporary.


The Review

Love Finds You in Snowball, Arkansas by Sandra Bricker is the laugh-out-loud funny story of un-athletic Lucy Binoche’s attempt to capture the attention of the outdoorsy new guy in her church’s singles group.

When Lucy learns Justin Gerard signed up for the group’s weeklong camping trip to Snowball, she adds her name to the list. Sporting new athletic wear and a can-do attitude, she embarks on an adventure, sure she can endure anything to attract Justin’s attention.

With the support and assistance of longtime friend, Matt, Lucy arrives in Snowball determined to become the gal of Justin’s dreams. Sure he’s the man God has for her, she puts her all into each activity. But she’s in for surprises—and the reader is in for some serious laughs as Lucy learns that being loved for who she is rather than the person she’s pretending to be is far more satisfying—and a whole lot safer

Bricker does a wonderful job of weaving fun into her romance. I was pulled into the story by her great writing and delighted by each new development. Each chapter is a treat. The characters are fun. I grew to care about Lucy even as I laughed at the situations in which she found herself. Two characters in particular are very engaging and are used by God to teach Lucy valuable lessons in love and acceptance.

I thoroughly enjoyed Love Finds You in Snowball Arkansas and wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone wanting a fun, well-written, engaging inspirational romance.


Win a Book

If you enjoy reading inspirational romances, leave a comment for your chance to win my once-read copy of the title I just reviewed. Be sure to include your email address when prompted, so I can contact you. (I don't share this information.)

I'll choose the winner from all those who leave a comment by the Friday after the post and will list the winner's name the following Saturday.

6 comments:

Anne Barton said...

Great review, Keli! I like the setup of the story--probably because I'm an indoor-loving, non-athletic type too. :)

I hope Sandra Bricker gets to see this thoughtful and glowing review of her book!

Sherry Kyle said...

My grandma and uncle used to live in Arkansas! :) I would LOVE a copy of Love Finds You in Snowball, Arkansas. Please include me in the drawing.

Thanks,
Sherry
www.sherrykyle.com

Jody Hedlund said...

Sounds like a great book! I've been hearing more and more about this series! I'd love to win a copy! Thanks, Keli!

jjhedlund (at) aol (dot) com

Jessica said...

Oooh me, me me! LOL I've been wanting to read some of these. I even saw them in Walmart and my fingers just itched to buy them. Somehow I managed to control myself. *grin*

Enter me, please!

jessica_nelson7590 AT yahoo dot com

Keli Gwyn said...

This is such a fun read. I laughed out loud many times. Like Anne, I'm not athletic, so I can relate to the heroine's struggle. My hubby is, so during our dating days I rode on the back of his tandem, jogged with him and gave cross country skiing a try. I must have gotten points for being a good sport even if I wasn't good at sports, because he married me anyway. :)

I think Summerside Press is onto something with their Love Finds You Series. One book is to be set in each state. My next review on Saturday, May 23 will be the one set in my home state, Love Finds You in Last Chance, California, a former Gold Rush town not too far from where I live in the beautiful Sierra Foothills. It's the first historical in the series and has a strong heroine and a mystery element.

So, Sherry, Jody and Jessica, if you don't win Love Finds You in Snowball, Arkansas, you'll be able to toss your name in the hat for another title in the series when I review Miralee Ferrell's book next weekend.

Sandra D. Bricker said...

Keli, I just had to peek in the door here ... and I was just thrilled to see your review and read what your visitors had to say.

I'm just so touched and happy that you enjoyed the book! I have another one in the series at the end of the year (Love Finds You in Holiday, Florida), and then another one next year. I LOVE this line of books, and I'm so happy to hear that you guys do, too.

Blessings and thanks,
Sandie Bricker