Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Monday, June 8, 2009

Motivation for Monday

What motivates you?

For me words, sayings and quotations serve as inspiration. The walls in my home office are covered with them. Here's a sampling:

Dream big.
Believe in all you do.
The journey is everything.

I was cruising Cyberspace and found Laurel Amberdine's site. One section is called
Quotes for Writers, and it offers the following categories:

just beginning
conquering fear
conquering procrastination
facing rejection
editing and revising
dealing with criticism
writing, life, and art

I chose two of the quotations I found there to share with you today:

"Write what you care about and understand. Writers should never try to outguess the marketplace in search of a salable idea; the simple truth is that all good books will eventually find a publisher if the writer tries hard enough, and a central secret to writing a good book is to write one that people like you will enjoy."
~ Richard North Patterson

"Writing has made me rich--not in money but in a couple hundred characters out there, whose pursuits and anguish and triumphs I've shared. I am unspeakably grateful at the life I have come to lead." ~ Wright Morris

• • • • •

What words, sayings or quotations have served to motivate or encourage you?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Always, Nora Robert's "I can fix bad writing, I can't fix a blank page."

Jill Kemerer said...

I'm always on the lookout for inspiring writing sites--thanks for sharing! I'm going to check it out.

Keli Gwyn said...

Jessica,

Great advice from Nora.


Jill,

Hope you enjoy the quotes. There are some good ones.