Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekly Writing Recap

Major Revision/Rewrite of Inspirational Historical #3
Status: 35,000 words out of 100,000

Words added/rewritten this week: 4,000


I've had to make some major adjustments this week. My daughter got not one, but two part-time jobs. She's an office assistant and a cashier. I'm excited about all she's learning, and she's happy to be earning some money for college.

I'm adjusting to having the Fashion Queen away from home even more hours a day than she was during high school. I think this transition will help me prepare for her being away at college come September.

Since her college doesn't let freshman living on campus have a car, she hasn't bought one. Instead, we're sharing my Sport Trac this summer. I haven't had to share my truck before.

These changes have had an effect on my writing. It's very quiet around the house for hours on end, and without wheels, I'm at home for long stretches. Both of these facts have enabled me to make good progress on my story this week.

• • • • •

What major transitions have you faced in your life recently? How have they affected your writing?

2 comments:

Anne Barton said...

Hi Keli! Glad to hear you're making good progress in spite of the most recent transitions. :) I hope the Fashion Queen enjoys the working world.

We're always juggling schedules at my house too, but writing is the constant. I try to make at least a little time for it every day.

Keli Gwyn said...

Anne,

I admire the way you make time for your writing despite all that's going on around you. You're an inspiration to me.