Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Monday, July 6, 2009

Motivation for Monday

Courage. It's something we writers need.

"Motivational Quotes to Bring You Courage" is a short slide show from beliefnet.

Here's a quotation I like from slide #7:

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try again tomorrow."

Mary Anne Radmacher-Hershey


Last week I wasn't able to write because I chose to spend my time on other things. I don't know about you, but when I'm away from my manuscript for several days, returning can be a bit daunting.

Questions run through my head:

Will I remember where I was heading?

Will I be able to get back in my creative zone?

Will I look at what I wrote before taking my break and ask myself, "What was I thinking?"


At times like these, I do my best to remember that a big part of being courageous is facing our doubts and fears. The quotes in the beliefnet slide show gave me motivation to move forward.

• • • • •

What do you do when fear rears its ugly head and you need a helping of courage?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

It's the same for me. The longer I stay away, the harder it is for me to jump in.
Great quote!

Keli Gwyn said...

Jessica, thanks for stopping by. Hope your story is coming along nicely.

jessica said...

i’m an associate of mary anne radmacher’s and saw you’ve enjoyed her quote, “courage doesn't always roar.” i know mary anne is so happy when people find inspiration from her words in the context of their daily lives. for more work from mary anne’s hand visit her website maryanneradmacher.net and her product website at maryanneradmacher.com. mary anne has written several books and shares her work in many forms including conferences and classes. If you’d like more information feel free to e-mail me at jessicaformaryanneradmacher@gmail.com. thanks for sharing her words!