Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Review of a Good Read: The Reluctant Cowgirl

Long before I began writing, I was a voracious reader of romances. I still love a great story, and there are many wonderful authors writing them. I invite you to check back on Saturdays when I share my reviews of some books I've enjoyed recently, both historical and contemporary.

The Review

The Reluctant Cowgirl by Christine Lynxwiler

City Girl Returns to Her Country Roots

Crystal McCord grew up surrounded by seven siblings in Arkansas cattle country, but when tragedy struck on the day she graduated high school, she left home and painful memories behind. Eager to live the dream she and her twin sister had shared, Crystal heads to New York City determined to land a role on Broadway. Seven years into her journey, Crystal catches her boyfriend with another woman and heads home to regroup. What she doesn’t count on is meeting her family’s new neighbor, a handsome cowboy with troubles of his own and a winning smile.

Jeremy Buchanan struggles to make it through each day. When his ex-wife snatched their little girl for whom he has custody and disappeared with her, his world was shaken. His sole purpose for months has been searching for his daughter. He doesn’t have time for distractions, but when he meets Crystal, he can’t deny his attraction. However, he’s not about to lose his heart to a woman who’s made it clear that nothing is going to keep her from returning to NYC for her shot at a Broadway lead.

The Reluctant Cowgirl by Christine Lynxwiler is a sweet tale of two hurting people who need to find their way back to the Lord and surrender their problems to Him. Her characters are well developed, and I found myself drawn to Crystal and Jeremy from the start. Lynxwiler pulled me in with her lively dialogue and well-structured plot. The story moves along at a nice pace with the emotional tension building to a satisfying conclusion. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a heartwarming contemporary inspirational romance.

• • • • •

Win a Book

If you enjoy reading inspirational romances, leave a comment for your chance to win my once-read copy of the title I just reviewed. Be sure to include your email address when prompted, so I can contact you. (I don't share this information.)

I'll choose the winner from all those who leave a comment by the Friday after the post and will list the winner's name the following Saturday.

Last Week's Winner

Congrats to Jessica, winner of a copy of Critical Care by Candace Calvert. (This is actually a new copy since I received an autographed copy from Candace.)


8 comments:

Amy De Trempe said...

Thanks for another great review. The list of books I want to read just keeps getting longer.

Edna said...

I would love to win a book, it does not matter if it has been read I am sure the words are still there. LOL may God bless

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

mez said...

I enjoy Christine's books and The Reluctant Cowgirl looks like another winner. Please include me in the drawing. Thanks, Keli!

worthy2bpraised[at]gmail[dot]com

Keli Gwyn said...

Nice to see you here, ladies. I enjoy the opportunity to share good books with others who enjoy them as much as I do. One of my biggest challenges in life is that there aren't enough hours in my days to read the many wonderful writers' works I want to savor.

Susan Hollaway said...

Hi Keli! I finally remembered to go through the process to "officially" follow your blog. I've had a couple of extremely hectic weeks and if I don't write it down, I sometimes forget to do it. =P I'd love to be entered in your drawing if it's not too late. Thanks for all that you do to help and encourage others. You're a gem!

Keli Gwyn said...

Susan, I'm sorry to hear life's been a bit rough. Seems like those bumpy patches will come. I hope things have improved.

Thanks for following my blog. I'm honored. And I've got you down for the drawing.

Keli Gwyn said...

I held the drawing, and Susan Hollaway is the winner. Congrats, Susan! Hope you enjoy reading The Reluctant Cowgirl.

Susan Hollaway said...

Thanks, Keli! Woo-hoo! I'll look forward to reading it. Thanks again!