Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weekly Writing Recap

Major Revision/Rewrite of Inspirational Historical #3
Status: 64,000 words out of 100,000

Words added/rewritten this week: 2,000

.

Even though I didn't make as much progress on my story this week as I would have liked, I accomplished a great deal. I wrote an article for my local RWA chapter's newsletter, read and reviewed two books and spent more time working on my blogs than usual.

I was blessed to be able to go out to eat with girlfriends twice during the week. Taking time to maintain my friendships is important to me. These dear ladies have supported me in each step of my writing journey. During the two years I spent drafting stories before I met my writing buddies, these women were there for me. When I sell, they'll be the first to get signed copies of my debut novel after my husband and daughter have theirs.

Summer vacation is drawing to a close, so I spent extra time with my teacher hubby. I'm going to miss him when he returns to school a week from now for staff meetings and prep days.

During one of our times together, Gwynly helped me plot the book I'll work on when I complete the current rewrite. Not only does he have wonderful ideas, but he helps me with the male perspective. I'm grateful to have such a supportive hubby and best friend.

• • • • •

Do you have a special plotting partner?

Are you able to spend time to with your local friends on a regular basis?

How much time do you spend on writing-related activities, such as blogging, each week?


10 comments:

Jessica said...

I probably spend too much time on blogging but I love it alot and it just takes the place of other things, like movies, etc. I have no local friends that I spend time with *sniff*, which is probably why I haunt the blogosphere.
No special plotting partner for the beginning of a book, though I have a dear writing friend who I bounce ideas off of once the book is in the works. :-)
Glad you enjoyed your time with your friends!

Keli Gwyn said...

Jessica,

Many in the Blogosphere are delighted to call you our friend. I know I am.

I'm glad you have a writing buddy to run your ideas past. No one gets us and our stories like another writer.

I hope you're able to make some face-to-face friends, although with small children, I know your time is limited. I remember how full my days were when the Fashion Queen was young.

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Friends are such a precious gift! I love my blog friends and my friends throughout the USA.

My husband is my sounding board for story ideas and road blocks along the way. Even though he isn't a writer, he always comes with a great solution and lots of encouragement.

I spend way too much time blogging but I can't help myself when there's so many wonderful blogs to visit, lots of info to get and enjoyment of sharing with others.

sherrinda said...

There's no way I could use my husband to help me plot! He would make a joke out of everything and leave me in stitches! (He is a funny guy!)

I did meet with my niece a couple of times to help me through some plot issues, but other than that, I have no one. I probably should join a local writer's group, but can't make myself take the plunge. :)

Keli Gwyn said...

Donna,

Sounds like you have lots of fun with your friends in cyberspace. There are so many interesting and informative blogs to visit and people with whom to chat.

How wonderful that you have a helpful hubby too, one who is supportive and helps you smooth out the bumps in the road and add even more to your stories.

Lynnette Labelle said...

I don't have a lot of time for friends, but that's where I do a "two-fer" when I blog. I get to meet and get to know great people and blog, too. Otherwise, my critique group and writer friends are always there when I need them.

Lynnette Labelle
http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com

Keli Gwyn said...

Sherrinda,

A husband with a sense of humor is such fun. Gwynly is a kick and makes his students laugh all the time, but he has a serious side too.

I'm sorry to hear you don't have anyone with whom to plot. Do you have CPs who'd be willing to fill the gap? Mine live far away, but we call one another to toss around story ideas. Or perhaps a romance reading friend would love to be a sounding board for your ideas and might even offer some great ones of her own.

Keli Gwyn said...

Lynette,

I'm glad you have a great group of writing buddies. I treasure mine. I wrote for two years in isolation before I discovered the incredible world of the blogosphere. My life is so much richer and fuller now.

Jill Kemerer said...

I miss my weekly coffee date with a dear writer friend. We meet every week during the school year. It's so fun to chat and get out our laptops and just be together. Only one more month...

Yahoo on catching up with your other writing tasks. I spent last week doing the same thing!

Keli Gwyn said...

Jill, how awesome that you have writer buddy with whom you get to meet weekly during the school year. What a blessing.