Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Friday, November 20, 2009

Friendly Fridays: Celebrations & Commiserations

Friendly Fridays are dedicated to you, my friends and followers.

I want to know what's going on in your lives.
.

Celebrations

What celebrations can I join in this week? If you've received good news, achieved a goal or made progress, I'd love to hear about it.

  • My author friend Jody Hedlund learned that the title of her debut novel with Bethany House is official. Great news, Jody! I'm looking forward to reading The Preacher's Daughter.
  • Several of my writer friends/blog followers completed first drafts recently, including Eileen Astels Watson, Jennifer Shirk, Sue Mason and Wendy. Congrats to each of you! There's nothing quite like reaching The End to fill a writer with a great sense of accomplishment. Enjoy the thrill.
  • My awesome critique partner Anne Barton also completed a first draft. I've read a portion of it and can't wait to enjoy the rest of her great story.
  • My writer friend Carla Gade completed her new writing studio. She created an inspirational atmosphere she loves. I hope you're enjoying that new space, Carla.

Commiserations

Did you experience doubts or discouragement, heartaches or hurts, sadness or setbacks this week? If so, I want to come alongside you with sympathy and cyber hugs.

  • My writer friend Donna Kohlstrom, who battles chronic illness, is dealing with a flare-up. My heart goes out to you, Donna. How difficult that must be. I hope you experience some relief soon.

11 comments:

Anne Barton said...

Hi Keli! Thanks to your support, I finished my first draft too. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving and a little time away from the computer.

Congrats on finishing your revisions. I have a feeling you'll have more to celebrate soon!

Anne

Jessica said...

Congrats to all those ladies. And to you too! :-)

Have a lovely weekend, Keli.

sherrinda said...

Contratulations to all the successes! Wow! I'm celebrating the fact that my mom did not have to have a stint put in her heart! :) Also, that God is speaking clearly to me regarding my writing! I LOVE THAT!

Keli Gwyn said...

Anne, I was delighted to receive the email telling me you'd reached The End and to rejoice with you. The vacation will be a welcome respite after your rush to finish the story, I'm sure.

Jessie, I wish you a great weekend too. Do you have any special plans? Gwynly and I will make our annual Turkey Cookies, which we take to our church's Thanksgiving Praise and Dessert service. It will feel funny to observe the tradition without our daughter though.

Sherrinda, I was so happy to visit your blog and learn that your mom didn't end up needing the stent. I love hearing that God has given you clear direction regarding your writing. Enjoy your edits.

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Thank you for mentioning me in your post. I'm doing better now, thanks to new meds.

Writing has many challenges. For some it's the distractions...others it's the responsibilities in our lives...others, like me, it's health problems. Whatever the challenges...writing, for me, is healing. It's the best medicine!

Congrats to all who have had a week of great accomplishments!

Hope you have a weekend full of blessings!

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Keli, you are such a sweetie to celebrate with us like this!! Thank you. Since I'm deep into my next story I had to think, how long ago was it that I finished TUO. I guess it was only three weeks ago, but seems like ages with this new one for Nano going on.

I'm adding Donna to my prayers. May the Lord ease her pain!


What about you, Keli? How are you fairing these days?

Diane said...

Sounds like a great week for many! So glad. God is truly Pouring out his blessings! Praying for you Donna. :O)

Jennifer Shirk said...

Aw, thanks for the kudos! I'm pretty happy with my progress!

Will pray for your friend Donna.

Jessica said...

On Thanksgiving we're going to hubby's dad's family, the day after we're going to his mom's house. So we'll be eating a lot. LOL

I hope you have a refreshing, joyful holiday, despite your daughter not being there. :-)

Susan Anne Mason said...

Thanks, Keli. This week I finally got my Golden Heart entry out the door! Whew!

Wishing all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

Sue

Terra said...

Thanks for asking about our week's news, esp. writing news.
This week I submitted a story to a Chicken Soup for the Soul book.
I continue to publicize my own book, written with 5 Christian author friends and we learned Lifeway Stores are carrying our book "Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts: Stories to Warm Your Heart and Tips to Simplify Your Holiday."
I drooled a bit when I read about a new writing studio for Carla. Jealousy is NOT attractive so I am happy for her!