Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Friday, December 4, 2009

Friendly Fridays: Celebrations & Commiserations

Friendly Fridays are dedicated to you, my friends and followers.

I want to know what's going on in your lives.
.

Celebrations

What celebrations can I join in this week? If you've received good news, achieved a goal or made progress, I'd love to hear about it.

  • Several of my writer friends won NaNoWriMo. Some I know about are Cindy R. Wilson, Eileen Astels Watson and Susan Hollaway. Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment.
  • My writer friend Sherrinda Ketchersid is making good progress on her edits and her weight loss goals. Way to go!
  • My writer friend and Pixie pal (2008 GH finalists) Sue Mason got her Golden Heart entry on its way as did my critique partner Anne Barton. Three cheers for you. I wish you all the best.
  • My writer friend Katie Ganshert's book is being reviewed by an editorial team. Yay, Katie, on getting so far so fast. May this lead to a contract offer.
  • My new writer friend Terra has a book out, one she co-authored with five friends: Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts: Stories to Warm Your Heart and Tips to Simplify Your Holidays.

Commiserations

Did you experience doubts or discouragement, heartaches or hurts, sadness or setbacks this week? If so, I want to come alongside you with sympathy and cyber hugs.

9 comments:

Jill Kemerer said...

What a generous post! I'm so happy for everyone!

I had a rough week as did a few of my extended family members, but today I'm on the upswing. I even started my new book! Yay!

Hope you have a terrific weekend, Keli!

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Celebrations: My hubby and our dog returned safe and healthy from their vacation to visit family in Mississippi. Also my oldest son and two granddaughters will be visiting in a week until Dec. 23rd.

Commiserations: All my friends who are unemployed.

sherrinda said...

You are so sweet! Thanks for the shout out, Keli! I am thrilled to finally have some motivation in my editing AND my weight loss. I am feeling more like ME...upbeat and happy...and I'm glad to be back!

Cindy said...

What a great way to end the week. With celebrations! Especially on the writing journey, when things can get rough, it helps to celebrate the little things and relish each step that gets us closer to a dream.

Susan Hollaway said...

Keli,
Thanks so much for the congrats on NaNoWriMo! You're such a sweetie! You are such an encouragement to me and to so many others as well. God bless you!

Hey, Donna Kohlstrom ~ Congrats on your weight loss. I'm back on the weight loss journey myself. I hope it sticks this time -- the lifestyle that promotes weight loss, I mean -- not the weight! ha! ha!

Katie Ganshert said...

Congrats to all the NaNoers! That's such an awesome accomplishment.

Thanks so much for celebrating with me, Keli. You are such a blessing. I realized this morning, that I'd put that blurb about the editor under concerns, when I meant to put it beneath cares. I changed it. :)

I hope your weekend is filled with blessings!
Katie

Keli Gwyn said...

Jill, I'm sorry to hear that you and some in your family had a rough go this week. I hope everyone is doing better. Congrats on getting started on your new book. That's an exciting experience as you really get to know your characters. Enjoy the process, and may the words flow freely from your fingertips.

Donna, I'm glad you have your hubby and dog safely back home. How fun that you'll have your son and grandgirls with you soon. I hope you have a wonderful time with them.

Sherrinda, I'm sooo glad you're feeling more like your wonderful self and that you've been making such great progress on your goals. Here's a cyber high five from me to you! (To receive it, just put your hand to your screen. Since I did the same, you'll have it.)

Cindy, celebrating is such fun. I'm looking forward to having you as my guest at Romance Writers on the Journey this week and learning more about your writing and the steps you've taken toward your dream.

Susan, I'm impressed by the progress you've made in such a short time. You're pumping out words and navigating cyberspace like a pro. Congrats on the getting the new blog addy up and running. I'll change the link in this post to direct people to your new home on the Net.

Katie, I enjoy your Friday posts and hearing what's going on in your world. I'm eager to have you as a guest at Romance Writers on the Journey again for one of my Saturday Special: She Sold! stories, which may be very soon. It's possible that someday our books could be on the same shelf near Jody Hedlund's. Wouldn't that be way cool?

Jessica said...

I'm doing better on the writing front, actually, so WOOT! :-)

Thanks for sharing the cyber news. I'm SO excited for Katie. How cool!

Keli Gwyn said...

Jessica, I'm glad to hear things are going so well with your writing. Enjoy that thrill.