Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Friday, December 11, 2009

Friendly Fridays: Celebrations & Commiserations

Friendly Fridays are dedicated to you, my friends and followers.

I want to know what's going on in your lives.
.

Celebrations

What celebrations can I join in this week? If you've received good news, achieved a goal or made progress, I'd love to hear about it.

  • My awesome critique partner and dear friend Anne Barton took the top award in the Golden Rose contest for the highest overall score beating out a whopping 172 entrants. I'm sooo proud of you, Anne, and can't wait to see a picture of you holding that beautiful gold-dipped rose.
  • Diane Estrella sent her manuscript out into the publishing world for the first time. Way to go, Diane! That's a huge step. Here's hoping for positive feedback.
  • Jenness Walker learned that her debut novel, Double Take, was nominated for both best Love Inspired Suspense and Best First Series Romance in the annual Romantic Times Book Reviews Reviewers Choice Awards. Woohoo, Jenness! What exciting news! I'm glad your writing is being so well received.
  • Katie Ganshert is making great progress on her work-in-progress. Kudos, Katie! What fun to spend time with your characters and get more of their story on the page.
  • Sarah Tormey is expecting her first child. Congratulations, Sarah! I wish you a pleasant pregnancy and a healthy baby.

Commiserations

Did you experience doubts or discouragement, heartaches or hurts, sadness or setbacks this week? If so, I want to come alongside you with sympathy and cyber hugs.

  • Terri Tiffany learned that her mother has cancer. My heart goes out to you and your mom, Terri. May you feel the love and support of family and friends during this difficult time, and may the Lord grant you the strength you need to make it through each day.
  • Eileen Astels Watson was unable to add any pages to her work-in-progress this week due to commitments and an under-the-weather washing machine. I hope life settles down and you're able to get back to your story soon, Eileen.
  • Sherrinda Ketchersid was unable to do any editing of her manuscript this week due to a full schedule and holiday-related activities. I love your positive attitude about this temporary situation, Sherrinda, and feel certain you'll make great progress when your vacation begins.

7 comments:

Katie Ganshert said...

Thanks, Keli! I hope to continue plugging away and celebrate on Christmas and completed manuscript!!

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing all this! I didn't know that about Diane or Jenness. Awesome news. :-)

You forgot to add your own good news. *wink*
Congrats to Anne also!

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Celebrating with all those who have accomplished so much this past week with their writing! And special congrats to Anne on the Golden Rose win! Way to go!

Prayers go out to Terri and family.

I've not written a word in two weeks, except blog, because hubby was taken to hospital in ambulance and admitted. He's home now and doing fine, but it has been an exhausting busy week.

Sarah Tormey said...

Hi Keli,

Thank you for your well wishes! The morning, noon and night sickness has passed and now I feel great and am back to work:) I've made great progress on my WIP and have started submitting my second ms.

Congrats Anne on your win and my thoughts are with you Terri.

Happy Holidays!
Sarah

sherrinda said...

Hi Keli! Thanks for the email! I didn't get to my blog roll yesterday (due to a basketball tournament that lasted until 10pm) This morning I went Christmas shopping!!!! I hadn't bought a thing and ended up almost finishing! I can't believe it!

So...I am hoping to have more time to edit since I was able to cross off alot off my "To Do" list. :)

Congrats to Anne!!! That is awesome news! And my prayers are definitely with Terri and her family.

Thanks for thinking of me, Keli! You are such a generous spirit!

jenness said...

Thank you, Keli! It was a happy surprise. :-) What's this news someone mentioned about you???

Anne Barton said...

Wow, Keli, thanks so much for the celebration! And thanks to Jessica, Donna, Sarah, and Sherrinda for your good wishes, too. You guys made my day. :)

Way to go, Diane, Jenness, and Katie on all the good news, and Sarah, congrats on the upcoming addition to your family!

Terri, you, your mom and the rest of your family are in my prayers too.