Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Friday, December 18, 2009

Friendly Fridays: Celebrations & Commiserations

Friendly Fridays are dedicated to you, my friends and followers.

I want to know what's going on in your lives.
.

Celebrations

What celebrations can I join in this week? If you've received good news, achieved a goal or made progress, I'd love to hear about it.

  • My awesome critique partner and dear friend Anne Barton completed the read of my manuscript. I'm so very grateful to you, Anne. As I read the story straight through after implementing your wonderful suggestions and saw your fingerprints throughout, I was moved to tears. Your contributions added so much to the story. Thanks heaps.
  • Jenness Walker drove over a downed power line, was forced to say in her truck until the power company could cut the juice to the wire she was in contact with, and lived to tell the tale in a memorable blog post. Jenness, I am so thankful you were safe, thanks to some real life heroes. What an ordeal that must have been. You'll have to use this in a story.
  • Katie Ganshert is very close to finishing the rough draft of her work-in-progress. Way to go, Katie! Have fun getting your characters to their HEA.
  • Laura Frantz received the galleys for her second book, Courting Morrow Little. What fun, Laura! I'm glad you got to spend time with your characters again.

Commiserations

Did you experience doubts or discouragement, heartaches or hurts, sadness or setbacks this week? If so, I want to come alongside you with sympathy and cyber hugs.

8 comments:

Laura Frantz said...

Bless you, Keli, for being other-focused! That's sure a gift to us! Like your upbeat attitude regarding the galleys:) As my agent would say, "Be ye gleeful." I think I'll consider it an early Christmas present from my pub.

I'm so excited for you, Keli. Can't wait to hear what all is developing for you. I think 2010 will be Keli's year!

Jessica said...

I've actually had a few major bad things so thank you for your prayers! :-)
Thanks too, for sharing the cyber news! That must've been so crazy for Jenness. What an experience, definitely book-worthy. LOL

sherrinda said...

I love your Friday posts! I love your shoutouts and your concern for others. You are a blesing, Keli!

Keli Gwyn said...

Laura, I think galleys would be a great Christmas present because receiving them would mean I had a book coming out. Which you do. Your second. Woo hoo! Courting Morrow Little is on my list of books to get as soon as they hit the shelves. I love your Voice and am eager to savor your story.

Thanks for sharing in my excitement. I'm eager to see what the Lord has in store. He's been blessing my socks off lately (cat socks, btw.)

Keli Gwyn said...

Jessie, I lifted you and your family in prayer. May the Lord meet your needs and fill you with a sense of peace in the midst of the tough stuff.

Jenness is quite the writer. She turned a terrifying ordeal into a great story. I'm so thankful she and that power line parted company peacefully.

Keli Gwyn said...

Sherrinda, you're such a sweetheart. I enjoy reading your posts because I get a glimpse into your heart. I wish you all the best as you battle the call of the Christmas cookies and as you edit your manuscript.

Robynn Tolbert said...

I enjoy reading these posts. Reminds me there are other people in the world going through joys and sorrows, too.
I placed in the top 20 in my first writing contest, which was a blessing. The greater blessing is the contacts I've made with other writers in my genre, Christian fantasy & sci-fi, thanks to the contest. God's blessings are so numerous! They're never quite what I expect but always better than I could imagine.

Keli Gwyn said...

Woohoo, Robynn, on the great finish in your very first writing contest. Putting our work out there can be scary, but you did it, and look at all you got as a result: ranking in the top 20, feedback from judges and new friends. Wow!