Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Weekly Writing Recap: Gratitude

I'm filled with gratitude after a full and interesting week.

Writing-related Reasons I'm Grateful
  1. I got the rest of the chapters of Violets & Violins off to my critique partner today. All that remains for me to do is to correct the typos Anne found and implement many of her great suggestions.
  2. Thanks to agent's Jessica Faust's recent blog post for which Anne sent me the link, I know just what I need to include in the query that accompanies a manuscript requested by a final round contest judge, and I feel prepared to write it.
  3. Anne edited a whopping 20 chapters for me this week. Is she amazing or what?

Other Reasons I'm Grateful
  1. Gwynly and I experienced a record snowstorm here in the Sierra Foothills, which shut down our town of Placerville, California on Monday when much of the area lost power. Since all the schools in the county but one closed, I got to have my teacher hubby home for two extra days this week. We were only without power for 24 hours, while others went without for three days or more. Although we were without heat, the inside temperature only got down to 47 degrees. We had phone service, hot and cold water and use of our propane stove top throughout the outage.
  2. On Wednesday, Gwynly and I picked up our college daughter and will enjoy the Fashion Queen's company for three and a half weeks.

• • • • •

What are you grateful for?

13 comments:

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

I'm so very grateful for the most wonderful and loving hubby and family. And also all my bloggie friends who keep me on the right path of this writing journey with giggles, smiles and encouragement.

Jessica said...

Wow, your crit partner IS amazing. *grin*

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. :-)

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Hey, Keli! That's awesome!

I am thankful for these last few weeks before I move. I'm really trying to savor every minute of it.

destrella said...

So happy that your daughter will soon be visiting. There is much to celebrate in your home. :O)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Those are awesome things to be grateful for.

I had my girls home last week for one snow day--love those rare moments. And I love snow, so snow storms are always welcome as long as all my loved ones are home safe and needn't drive in it.

Praying for your last round of line edits. And, yes, Anne is awesome!

Sharon Mayhew said...

I'm thankful for so many things. Today, I am especially thankful for last night. My daughter (age 13) and I spent the evening shopping in our quaint downtown. We had a lovely time. Today, she is sick...I'm also thankful to doctors who call in prescritions for anti-nausea medicines.

Keli Gwyn said...

Donna, I'm glad you've been blessed with a wonderful hubby. So have I. Gwynly and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary today. He took me to dinner at Olive Garden this evening. Yum!

Blogging buddies are such fun. I like giggling and smiling with you too.

Keli Gwyn said...

Jessie, when it comes to critique partners, Anne is tops! Thanks to her feedback and excellent suggestions, my story is stronger. I thank the Lord for her often.

Thanks for the Christmas wishes. Back at ya! I'm sure you're kiddos are excited. What are they hoping is under the tree?

Keli Gwyn said...

Kristen, I hope the prep for your move goes well and that the transition to your exciting new venture is a smooth one.

Keli Gwyn said...

Diane, Gwynly and I are enjoying having the Fashion Queen home. She'll be here for three and a half weeks. She returned to her job as a cashier at our local Kmart and is having fun dressing up as an elf and greeting people at the door. She has a beautiful smile and looks so cute in her pointy hat and cheery outfit.

We are indeed celebrating around here. Gwynly and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary today. Next comes Christmas, followed by the Fashion Queen's birthday on New Year's Day and Gwynly's ten days later. I do a lot of shopping this time of year. :)

Keli Gwyn said...

Eileen, what fun it is to have an unexpected day with our kids, and snow days are special ones. I'm with you, though, on enjoying snow more when everyone is safe and I don't have to drive in the white stuff.

Thanks for the prayers on my edits. I input Anne's feedback, which was great. Then I did a final read through to check for typos and such. I hadn't read the story straight through in a while, and enjoyed it all over again. It may seem strange, but even though I wrote it, I still laughed, cried and sighed. I do so love my characters and feel for them. Sure wish I didn't have to put them through so much, but they're stronger for it. :)

Keli Gwyn said...

Sharon, thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love to "see" new faces. I took a peek at your blog, and it appears you write for children. How cool! I'm sure your experience as an elementary teacher is a great asset.

I'm glad you and your daughter had a fun outing. I hope she's feeling better.

Terri Tiffany said...

Thank you for my Christmas card! IT was a wonderful surprise when we got home! MErry Christmas! I know your book will be published this next year!