Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Friday, January 8, 2010

Friendly Fridays: Celebrations & Commiserations

Friendly Fridays are dedicated to you, my friends and followers.

I want to know what's going on in your lives.


Celebrations

What celebrations can I join in this week? If you've received good news, achieved a goal or made progress, I'd love to hear about it.

Here's some good news I discovered while visiting blogs, reading tweets and stopping by Facebook this week.

From my agency mates:

  • Katie Ganshert – Katie’s revisions are going well. I’m glad to hear you’re making progress, Katie. Here’s to even more.
  • Dr. Richard Mabry – On December 17, Dr. Mabry published a blog post sharing the news that he received a contract for his second and third novels in his Prescription For Trouble series. Even though my shout out is late, I offer my congratulations. What wonderful news!


From my blogging buddies and writer pals:

  • Cindy R. Wilson Cindy has completed her proposal and is ready to begin querying. Yay for you, Cindy! I hope the requests start pouring in.
  • Krista Phillips – Krista shared the news that she’s expecting her fourth child. Wow, Krista! How exciting. Hope the pregnancy goes well.
  • Laura FrantzLaura completed her read of the galleys for her second book, Courting Morrow Little. Way to go, Laura! I’m looking forward to reading Morrow’s story.
  • Lynn Rush – Lynn finaled in the paranormal category of The Launching a Star contest and received a request for a full from the editor who served as the final round judge. Congratulations, Lynn! I hope the request leads to even more good news.
  • Sherrinda Ketchersid – Sherrinda and her hubby celebrated 25 years of marriage by staying in a treehouse. Happy Anniversary, Sherrinda! I hope your time in that unique location was wonderful.


• • • • •

Commiserations

Did you experience doubts or discouragement, heartaches or hurts, sadness or setbacks this week? If so, I want to come alongside you with sympathy and cyber hugs.

13 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey, Keli--lots to celebrate. Thanks for the encouragement, I'm trying to hold onto positive thoughts!

destrella said...

So many celebrations. I see a Conga line forming and am excited to see who will be next to join in the parade. God is great! :O)

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Hey, Keli! It was a good week. I got a lot done for the devotional I'm writing for my program, which was nice.

I hope your week went well!

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Love celebrating with bloggie friends! Congrats to all who are being successful in their quest for publication.

And joys and good health to the Mom and future baby!

I'm celebrating writing again after a month off. And oh, it feels so good!!

Terri Tiffany said...

I love reading these! SO many good notes of celebration!!! Thanks Kelli for doing this.

lynnrush said...

Ah, thanks Keli! Pretty exciting week it seems. Woo-Hoo!!

Keli Gwyn said...

Cindy, positive thoughts are good. Thinking some for you.

Diane, I love the idea of a Conga line with you leading it.

Kristen, kudos on making progress on your devotionals.

Donna, I'm glad to hear you're rested and writing again. Hope the words flow.

Terri, it's nice to have you join in the happy dancing.

Lynn, I'm sure you must be very excited. A request for a full is a BIG deal and can lead to even BIGGER news. Look forward to hearing you squee soon.

Katie Ganshert said...

You have such a generous spirit, Keli! I admire that so much about you. It inspires me to follow suit. :)

Thanks for celebrating with me on my revisions. I pray they continue to progress!

And congrats to Richard! What exciting news! And to everybody else too!

Laura Frantz said...

Hi Keli, It's always so fun to come over and see what you and everyone else has been up, too. I'm so happy to be a reading/writing friend of yours.

I didn't know Dr. Mabry was one of your agency mates:) I met him at the ACFW conf. in Denver. He's such a gentleman and so wise!

Blessings to you and all your friends today!

Keli Gwyn said...

Katie, I feel certain you'll move forward on your revisions and end up with a story both you and Rachelle are pleased with. I'm eager to happy dance with you then and again when you share the news of your First Sale.

Laura, I'm blessed to have you as my friend. I look forward to getting to know Dr. Mabry. I've heard such great things about him. How cool that you were able to meet him at the ACFW conference.

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Congrats to everyone and now I must read missed posts. Is Rachelle your agent too? If so, A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Keli Gwyn said...

Eileen, as you discovered after leaving this comment, Rachelle is my agent. Thanks for sharing in my excitement. I'm still floating.

Jill Kemerer said...

I love your blog. You're always positive and generous! Congrats to all!!