Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Friday, January 15, 2010

Friendly Fridays: Celebrations & Commiserations

Friendly Fridays are dedicated to you, my friends and followers.

I want to know what's going on in your lives.
.

Celebrations

What celebrations can I join in this week? If you've received good news, achieved a goal or made progress, I'd love to hear about it.

Rejoicing with my agency mates . . .

  • Erica Vetsch had a great week. She launched her new website, received the bookmarks for her second book, The Marriage Masquerade, and finished her latest story and got it off to her writing partners. Way to go, Erica! What an awesome week. And I know next week will be fun because I'm privileged to have you as my guest at Romance Writers on the Journey on Thursday.
  • Jody Hedlund received the second round of revisions from her editor. She did so well on her first set that she has very little to change this time. Congrats, Jody! I knew you could do it. I feel certain you'll get this round done in short order and hear high praise from your editor.
.
Rejoicing with my writer pals and blogging buddies . . .



  • Lynn Rush took first place in a contest called Write Your Name Across the Sky, which is sponsored by The Book Boost. Her prize is publication and a year of promotion. In addition, she signed with TribeLit. Mega congrats, Lynn! What a week you've had. Bet you haven't put any wear on the soles of your shoes. I'm so happy for you. Enjoy the thrill!
  • Sherrinda Ketchersid spent a week on a Treehouse Getaway with her hubby celebrating their 25th anniversary and had a great time. Welcome back, Sherrinda. I'm glad you and your very own hero were able to enjoy a week together in such an awesome setting. What wonderful memories you must have.
  • T. Anne Adams hired a writing coach and feels very blessed. Yay for you, T. Anne! I hope the collaboration works well for you.

• • • • •

Commiserations

Did you experience doubts or discouragement, heartaches or hurts, sadness or setbacks this week? If so, I want to come alongside you with sympathy and cyber hugs.

  • Rachelle Gardner, my agent, ended her query hiatus and dealt with a full email inbox that, according to her tweet on Twitter, took her the entire day to process. I can't imagine how demanding the life of a literary agent must be, but you do a great job for your clients, Rachelle, and still offer so much to the writing community at large. I'm impressed and appreciative.
  • Dr. Richard Mabry, my agency mate, is awaiting the first reviews of his novel, Code Blue, which has gone out to reviewers and potential endorsers. I feel for you, Dr. Mabry. I trust, though, that very soon you'll have more wonderful reviews than you ever thought possible.

6 comments:

Richard Mabry said...

Keli,
Thanks. I've had a couple of nice comments so far, so perhaps Code Blue won't be a total disaster. (Has an author ever penned a book that they thought was so fantastic that it would be universally loved? I didn't think so.)
I appreciate the mention, and your support. Blessings, "agency mate."

sherrinda said...

Thanks for the shout out! You can bet that I am going to use the treehouse in some book in the future! What a unique place!

Kudos to Lynn!!! That is awesome! I love to hear about other's success.

I love your Friday posts, Keli! They are so fun to read. :)

Cathy Bryant said...

Keli, I so appreciate your sweet spirit. In honor of your lovely blog, I've given you a lovely blog award. You can pick it up here: http://wordvessel.blogspot.com/2010/01/winners-update-and-blog-award.html

Blessings,
Cathy :)

Jessica said...

Woot on all the good stuff! I was wondering what happened with Lynn.

I know, I felt bad for RG too. I forgot about the query thing and sent her one then. *cringe* Poor lady. I hope she has a restful weekend.

I bet Mabry's book will be a success. It sounds really good to me. :-)

I hope you have an awesome weekend and congrats on the award!

Erica Vetsch said...

What a nice surprise! Thanks for the shout out! It's so much fun to celebrate milestones with others.

Keli Gwyn said...

Richard, now that I've read your first chapter, I'm hooked. I look forward your release so I can enjoy the rest of the story. I have a feeling you're in for a deluge of great reviews.

Sherrinda, I'm glad your time in that amazing treehouse was so much fun. Must have been hard to come down to earth afterward though. :)

Cathy, I'm honored. Thanks so much! And thanks for being my most recent follower here on my personal blog.

Jessie, I have a hunch your query wasn't the only one RG received during her hiatus. Being the gracious person she is, I'm sure she'll get to yours and the others that arrived during that time as soon as she can.

Erica, I love sharing in others' celebrations. Finishing a book and getting it off to your writing partners deserves some serious happy dancing. Jiggity jig!