Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Friday, January 22, 2010

Friendly Fridays: Celebrations & Commiserations

Friendly Fridays are dedicated to you, my friends and followers.

I want to know what's going on in your lives.
.

Celebrations

What celebrations can I join in this week? If you've received good news, achieved a goal or made progress, I'd love to hear about it.

Rejoicing with my agency mates . . .

  • Dr. Richard Mabry's debut medical romantic suspense novel, Code Blue, went out to reviewers this week. I'm excited for you, Richard, because I know it won't be long until you're receiving wonderful feedback from your readers.
.
Rejoicing with my writer pals and blogging buddies . . .

  • Jessica Nelson made a decision to shift her focus from historicals to contemporaries because her heart is in the contemporaries. I'm happy to see you following your heart, Jessie. I wish you much joy as you work on your contemporary stories
• • • • •

Commiserations

Did you experience doubts or discouragement, heartaches or hurts, sadness or setbacks this week? If so, I want to come alongside you with sympathy and cyber hugs.

  • Eileen Astels Watson has been battling a nasty head cold. I hope you send that pesky bug packing very soon, Eileen. I think it should be part of the Mom contract that we mothers shouldn't have to deal with being sick ourselves. How can we care for our precious children when we feel crummy?
  • Erica Vetsch, my agency mate, got braces this week and has been dealing with a sore mouth. I think it's cool when an adult can get orthondontia that may not have been possible earlier in life, but I'm sorry to hear your first week with braces has been rough. I was blessed with straight teeth, so I never had to deal with this, but my poor daughter had to have crowns put on all 28 of her teeth due to having no enamel on them, so I know from watching her 18-month mouth reconstruction process that dental pain is no fun. Cyber hugs, Erica.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh no! Cyber hugs to both Erica and Eileen! I had braces for two years and I know how uncomfortable they can make a person. But when they come off, the result is amazing.

Thanks for the mention Keli! I'm feeling pretty good about this.
:-)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Richard Mabry said...

Keli,
Thanks for sharing my joy. A couple of very nice endorsements have already come in. I'm anxiously awaiting further results.
I look forward to my interview with you as the release date for Code Blue approaches.

Terri Tiffany said...

I love reading the updates on people around the blogsphere. I've seen some on Richard and congrats to him!
On this end--just still searching for the right job and trying to really focus on writing more on my current WIP. Sent in to the contest for Genesis and excited to see so many others take that step too!

destrella said...

Interesting week, huh????

Hope you have a great weekend. :O)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts, Keli. I'm on the mend thank goodness.

Have a great weekend all!!

Sharon Ball said...

Keli, what a great idea to use your blog to share in each other's ups and downs. Just this weekend I was telling my mother about how important it is to celebrate even the smallest of victories. And when things don't go our way, sometimes an encouraging word is all we need to keep going.

Keli Gwyn said...

Jessie, now I know the secret behind your warm, engaging smile. I'm so glad you feel a sense of peace regarding your new direction, even you are heading the opposite way I am. :)

Richard, congrats on the early endorsements. I'm sure there will be many wonderful comments to follow.

Terri, way to go on submitting your entry to the Genesis contest. I hope you get wonderful feedback. And my prayers are with you on the job search.

Diane, my weekend was quite good. Hope yours was too.

Eileen, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. My poor hubby has a cold. I did nurse duty over the weeked, making sure he had plenty of OJ, hot tea with lemon, and chicken soup with garlic. He's a bit better, but it's hard for him to teach when he feels crummy, poor guy.

Sharon, I love sharing in my friends' highs and lows. Happy dancing with them is such fun! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Katie Ganshert said...

I missed this last week when I unplugged! I love how you celebrate and commiserate with authors every week, Keli!

Edna said...

I feel good this week, have a worm get into my computer but I fixed it. None of my icons would click, so I throwed this thing into restore and formatted the hard drive and then had to put all my program back on and now I good to go. I am good at computers even at my age of almost 67. No trining just learned by hard knocks, Love electronics gadgets. I wish I could win an e-reader as there are so many aito books out there.
May God bless everyone

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

Keli Gwyn said...

Katie, I love sharing your great news. And there was more of it this week. Yay!

Edna, kudos to you for figuring out how to de-worm your computer. I'm not technically savvy and have to call on Gwynly to help me when things go awry. Thankfully my Mac seems to be immune to many of the bugs and viruses out there.

I wasn't all that interested in a e-book reader until I saw the promo for the new iPad. Wow! It looks neat. Unfortunately, it costs a lot. Oh, well, a gal can dream, can't she? :)