Archived Blogspot Blog Posts

Friday, January 29, 2010

Friendly Fridays: Celebrations & Commiserations

Friendly Fridays are dedicated to you, my friends and followers.

I want to know what's going on in your lives.
.

Celebrations

What celebrations can I join in this week? If you've received good news, achieved a goal or made progress, I'd love to hear about it.

Rejoicing with my agency mates . . .

  • Jody Hedlund and Karen Witemeyer got to spend two days at Bethany House with Rachelle Gardner. I read on Twitter that Jody got to see her cover. I hope all of you had a great time. It must have been exciting to talk with the people who are working so hard to get the books ready for readers.
  • Katie Ganshert's book went out to eight more publishing houses, taking the number considering her story to nine. How very exciting, Katie! I hope you receive BIG news very soon. I'm eager to join in your First Sale happy dance.
.
Rejoicing with my writer pals and blogging buddies . . .

  • Kristen Torres-Toro got moved and started her new ministry job on her 26th birthday. I'm glad to hear you've made the transition and hope you soon feel settled. And a belated happy birthday to you.
  • Terri Tiffany got a job as a social worker, one with a great salary and excellent benefits. I'm jumping for joy, Terri. I know how long you've been looking. You clung to your faith, and the Lord has richly blessed you. I hope you find the position to be one you enjoy and that your colleagues are a great group to work with.
• • • • •

Commiserations

Did you experience doubts or discouragement, heartaches or hurts, sadness or setbacks this week? If so, I want to come alongside you with sympathy and cyber hugs.


  • CJ Redwine's cat didn't survive its battle with an infection. I'm so sorry, CJ. Our pets add so much to our lives, and it hurts when we lose them.
  • Jessica Nelson and Laura Frantz aren't feeling well. I can empathize. My dear hubby shared his cold with me, and I'm writing this while dealing with a fuzzy head. Here's to restored health for us and anyone else who's battling a bug.

16 comments:

Cindy said...

Keli, thank you for sharing these celebrations and commiserations. It's wonderful to be part of a community that cares so much about each other.

I've had some good news on query submissions but I am keeping a little quiet about it because I don't want to get my hopes up. I'll definitely post about it if something bigger happens :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Keli Gwyn said...

Congrats on your good news, Cindy. I'll be eager to hear what's happening when you're able to share and will certainly join your happy dance.

Terri Tiffany said...

I hope you get better! And I am so happy about your latest contest news! Wow!!

Keli Gwyn said...

Thanks for the well wishes and for celebrating my FAB first with me. Happy dances are much more fun with performed with one's buddies.

destrella said...

I love to read your round up of news around the blog-o-sphere. Such happiness to delight in and sadness at times to pray for. thank you!

Katie Ganshert said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well, Keli! That's no fun.

Another WIN with your manuscript! This puppy's really making some serious, serious waves!! Congrats, girl!

Jessica said...

Woohoo on all that great news! I'm so excited for all those bloggers. :-)
I hope you feel better Kelli. As you sent me some cyber love, I'm sending it back your way, soup too. :-) Take care.

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hope you're soon feeling well. I've become a Follower. :)

Blessings,
Susan

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Love your new blog design! I feel like spring has arrived with new hope with the gorgeous flowers!

You've done so much work on your book and there's so much more to do to make it the best it can be...And you can do it! And I can't wait to read it when it's done!

Susan Hollaway said...

Keli,
I think you're awesome and a blessing to so many -- including a HUGE blessing to me! I can SO relate to the things you said. Your words only confirm what a strong woman and wonderful servant of Christ you are! HE is the potter, we are the clay. We are continually being molded on our journey with the Lord. I can't wait to see where He takes you -- you're already such an inspiration to so many. God's got big plans for you, my dear, BIG PLANS!

Keli Gwyn said...

Thanks to everyone who wished me well. I dealt with the bug a week, but I've been feeling like myself for several days now. Personally, I feel like I've done my time this season between the Swine Flu and the cold and am eager to stay well.

Donna, thanks for the compliments on the new blog background. So many of my friends have such pretty blogs that I decided to be brave and figure out how to get one the snazzy new backgrounds. I won't tell you how l-o-n-g it took me to learn how to import it. That would be too embarrassing. :)

Susan, you're too kind, but I appreciate your precious words. I'm doing my best to remain moldable. Some days I do better than others, that's for sure. Today's a good day, but there have been far too many when I tried to do things my way. God's been working on me in that area, and, believe you me, I'm doing my best to make His workload lighter. :)

Susan Hollaway said...

Keli,

I've been thinking of you "extra" lately.....I've been watching a brand new Taco Bell go up. =)

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Thank you so much!!! It was a big change but I'm loving it here! So excited about what God has! I hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

Julie Robinson said...

Keli, Your up-beat attitude is powerful. Thank you.
I, too, need to shake off my self-constraints.
And that's the truth!
Julie

Keli Gwyn said...

Susan, seeing a new Taco Bell going up would bring a huge smile to my face. I remember how excited I was when the second one opened in my town.

Kristen, I'm glad the transition has gone smoothly. Loved the pics of your new pad on your blog. I hope your trip is tonz of fun.

Julie, shaking off self-constraints can be a challenge, but I know you can do it. I believe in you and the power of your dreams.

Julie Robinson said...

Thank you. Now it's for me to believe . . .